- ==== Total supply ====
- The supply starts at 50 per block, halving every 4 years.
- Giving us about 21 Million total capacity.
- ==== Proof of Work ====
We use a custom POW based on IO. See Technical-Design
- ==== "Illegal Reflective" or "Protobuf Unsafe" errors ====
Ignore for now. - https://github.com/snowblossomcoin/snowblossom/issues/37
- ==== Address Format ====
addressare both valid formats.
- ==== Do I have to run a node? ====
It's highly suggested and relatively easy. Everything relies on them, although the clients and miners are light and can connect to any node.
- ==== RocksDB Error ====
https://github.com/snowblossomcoin/snowblossom/issues/32 - Upgrade to a recent release.
- ==== Block too far into the Future ====
Make sure your clock is correct.
- ==== IO Exception ==== Make sure the node is running.
- ==== Snowfield? ====
- ==== Can I mine in RAM? ====
- You must have enough ram for the current field + overhead.
- Windows likely requires
- Linux kernel typically automatically loads files into ram
- ==== Directory Not Present ====
Make sure the you have the snowfield in place.
- ==== GPU mining possible? ====
Our POW is intended to make this infeasible.
- ==== When will the mining field change? ====
- The snowfield increases each time the average difficulty doubles.
- The difficulty may drop, but the activated snowfield is permanent.
- Here, you may review the code that determines the exact difficulties for each activation