The various programs that you can run as part of Snowblossom.
- SnowBlossomNode Config Options - The node that maintains peer to peer links and maintains a copy of the blockchain. Responds to queries from other programs regarding the blockchain. Holds no keys.
- SnowBlossomClient Config Options - A basic client that maintains a set of keys and contacts a SnowBlossomNode to get balance information about addresses that it holds. This is how you generated addresses, send funds, etc.
- PoolMiner Config Options - A mining agent that connects to a mining pool and does mining work. Does not require a node (other than the mining pool itself needs to have a node).
loading parts of the snowfield from other sources, including memory or over the (local) network.
- SnowBlossomMiner Config Options - A solo (non-pool) miner. Requires a SnowBlossomNode. Not recommended, use PoolMiner or Arktika for most cases.
- MrPlow Config Options - A Snowblossom Mining Pool implementation. Pretty basic. Requires a SnowBlossomNode and accepts connections from PoolMiner and Arktika.
- ShackletonExplorer Config Options - A basic Snowblossom explorer that exposes a web interface and displays basic stats as well are allowing people to lookup blocks or transactions or addresses. The software for: Snowblossom Explorer
- VanityGen - A program to generate vanity addresses
- RichList - A program to output the balances held by addresses
- SnowFall - A program to generate snow fields. They are usually easier downloaded: Snowfields
- SnowMerkle - A program to find the merkle root of a snowfield and build the deck files
Command Line Examples
Almost all programs take a single command line parameter, which is a config file to use.
As an example, here are the ways to invoke a SnowBlossomNode:
- From a release zip:
java -jar SnowBlossomNode_deploy.jar node.conf
- From bazel:
bazel build :all bazel-bin/SnowBlossomNode node.conf
- From bazel as standalone jar (you can copy this jar to other machines):
bazel build :SnowBlossomNode_deploy.jar java -jar bazel-bin/SnowBlossomNode_deploy.jar node.conf